Tomorrow Commander Mark Boggis will be relieved by Commander Suzanne Hubner as the Commanding Officer, Cryptologic Warfare Activity Sixty Five.
Commander Boggis’ biography follows:
Commander Mark Boggis, USN
CRYPTOLOGIC WARFARE ACTIVITY SIXTY FIVE
CDR Boggis is a native of Quaker Hill, Connecticut. He holds degrees from the University of North Carolina-Wilmington (1990, BA English), University of Maryland University College (2013, MS Cybersecurity Policy), National Defense University (2019, Cyber Leadership) and certificates from the Naval Postgraduate School (2009, Information Operations), Naval War College (2015, Joint Professional Military Education), National Defense University (2016, Cyber Leadership), and Harvard University (2017, Cybersecurity). Boggis is also a graduate of the Harvard University Cybersecurity Executive Education Program at the John F. Kennedy School of Government (2018) and the Navy Senior Leader Seminar.
CDR Boggis enlisted in the Navy as a Cryptologic Technician (Collection) in 1991 and was commissioned as an Ensign (Special Duty Cryptology, now Cryptologic Warfare) in 2000 via Officer Candidate School. Past tours include:
- Operations Watch Officer/Direct Support Element Officer – NSGA Kunia, HI
- Electronic Warfare/Information Warfare Officer – USS WINSTON S. CHURCHILL (DDG-81)
- Officer in Charge – Navy Information Operations Detachment Molesworth, UK
- J2 – U.S. Special Operations Command Joint Communications Integration Element (JCIE)
- Special Liaison and Technical Operations Officer – Navy Cyber Warfare Development Group
- Officer in Charge – Navy Information Operations Detachment Seoul, Korea
- Chief, Tailored Access Operations (TAO) – National Security Agency (NSA) Hawaii.
- Dir., FLTCYBER Cyberspace Operations Integrated Planning Element (PACOM).
Boggis has deployed in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM as well as 18 Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) directed subsurface missions, four surface deployments, and as the J2 of a forward deployed Joint Task Force in Balad, Iraq. He is a qualified Information Warfare Officer, Officer of the Deck (Underway), and Combat Information Center Watch Officer.
In August 2018 he assumed duties as Commanding Officer of Cryptologic Warfare Activity SIXTY FIVE. He leads 480 Sailors providing specialized cryptologic expertise and Signals Intelligence analysis to meet the critical security needs of fleet, joint, and national customers.
Boggis serves as Co-Chair of Presidential Executive Order 13691 chartered Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (ISAO) Standards Organization (SO) Government Relations Working Group which develops national standards for cybersecurity information sharing. He is also a member of the Board of Directors, Cyber Resilience Institute.
CDR Boggis’ decorations include the Defense Meritorious Service Medal (four awards), Meritorious Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (five awards), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (seven awards), and various service medals, unit citations, and flag commendations.
Congratulations skipper on a successful Command Tour!