Naval Security Group Activity (NSGA), Pearl Harbor began in 1951 as an interpretive detachment assigned to the Commander in Chief, U.S. Pacific Fleet (CINCPACFLT).
In 1976, the control of the detachment shifted from CINCPACFLT to COMNAVSECGRU. The position of Officer in Charge was filled by the Assistant Chief of Staff for Cryptology at CINCPACFLT. On April 1, 1982, the two positions were separated, and an Officer in Charge took up full time duties and residency in building 324. NSGA Pearl Harbor was officially commissioned on July 9, 1982.
NSGA Kunia and NSGA Pearl Harbor merged commands in a ceremony September 30, 2004 at the USS Nevada Memorial to establish a single Naval Security Group Activity, Hawaii. NSGA Pearl Harbor was officially disestablished and NSGA Hawaii was commissioned. On September 30, 2005, NSGA Hawaii was administratively closed and was re-established on October 1, 2005 as the Navy Information Operations Command (NIOC) Hawaii.
Leave a Reply