ICYMI, Secretary of Defense Ash Carter announced that the president has made the following nomination:
Navy Rear Adm. Michael M. Gilday for appointment to the rank of vice admiral, and for assignment as commander, Fleet Cyber Command; and commander, Tenth Fleet, Fort Meade, Maryland.
Rear Adm. Gilday’s full bio is available here. The “basics” include:
- Graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, Harvard Kennedy School, and U.S. Naval War College
- Naval Aide to the President
- Executive Assistant to the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Commanding Officer, USS Higgins (DDG 76)
- Commanding Officer, USS Benfold (DDG 65)
- Director of Operations, NATO’s Joint Force Command
- Chief of Staff, Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO
- Commander, Carrier Strike Group EIGHT
Rear Adm. Gilday is currently serving as Director, Operations, J-3, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort Meade, Maryland.
Congratulations, Rear Adm. Gilday, and welcome aboard!